We've centralized the place for you to view all of your internal groups (teams) as well as a way to easily view/edit/update what users and locations exist in those groups, as well as giving you the power to edit those users and locations from one centralized place.
The Hierarchy of your company affects everything from what users see, how tasks are assigned, all the way to what data is displayed when viewing completed tasks and reporting. We know the configuration of your company's organization is critical to who and what is getting done in Zenput. With Hierarchy, you will have the ability to manage all this at a glance, saving you valuable time and resources.
Understanding the Hierarchy:
Teams are denoted by the name of the team in a white bar. Clicking on the arrow next to the team name will expand the view and allow you to see the Users that are part of this team, as well as the other teams or locations that roll up into this team. You can also continue to use the arrow for any and all subteams and view their information as well.
Users will be displayed under the teams or locations they are a part of. You can view the User's Name, Role, and Permission. Clicking on the three dots next to the user's name will take you to the user page where you can make changes to edit a user's information.
Locations will be displayed under the appropriate teams the location reports to. You are able to view which users are part of that location by clicking on the arrow to the left of the location name. Clicking on the three dots to the right of the location will take you to the location's information page where you can edit the location's information.
How to Create a Team:
- From the Dashboard click on Hierarchy.
- Click "Create New" and choose "Create Team" in the top right corner from the drop-down options.
- Name the Team.
- Then, add only Top-Level Users (i.e. District Managers, Area Managers-those that should oversee other teams) to the team by typing their name and selecting them from the drop-down list. They will appear on the right-hand side under Hierarchy Preview once selected.
*Note: You do not want to add location users in this step.
- Choose which locations the Users should have access to from the drop-down list, the locations will show up under the Hierarchy Preview once selected as well (below is a preview of what this looks like)
- Not necessary but if your team has a Parent Team (i.e. A specific region that the Team reports to) this is where you would add it.
Choose which Region the team reports to and it will also appear under the Hierarchy Preview.
- "Click Create Team" to save the new team.
How to Edit/Delete Teams:
- Click on Team you want to Edit by clicking on the three dots on the right-hand side of the Team Name you want to edit.
- From here you can edit or delete the selected team.
If you want to Delete the team "Click Delete" and confirm that you are sure that you want to delete the team.
- If you want to edit and not delete the team. Select the Users, Locations, and/or Hierarchy Placement under the Parent Team that needs to be edited and make sure to "Click Save" to save your changes.
How to Create a user in Hierarchy
This is also where you can Invite New Users.
- Go to Hierarchy and click on "Create New" and choose "Create User" from the drop-down list.
- In the Create Users window enter an e-mail or mobile phone number to invite.
- Choose the user's Role.
- Choose the Permission
If the User needs to be added to a Parent Team choose which team they should fall under.
- "Click Invite Users"
How to Edit or Delete Users:
- Users can see/complete work on the team as well as any team below them in the hierarchy, to which they are assigned.
- Users can be on one team only; therefore put the appropriate user on the highest reasonable team
- Users and locations can only be on one team at a time - in the event a user or location is placed on multiple teams, it would result in errors when work is assigned.
- Only one user with a specific role can be on each team. E.g. one team cannot have two ‘District Managers’
- All users must be assigned to a team to receive tasks
- After clicking on Hierarchy. Choose User you want to Edit or Delete.
- From here you can change/reset the password as well as edit their Role and/or Permission as well as Delete the user.
- Once you've completed the changes, make sure to "Click Save".
If you want to delete the user.
"Click Delete" in the following screen asking you to confirm you want to delete the user. And you're all set.
How to add Locations to Hierarchy:
A location's owner must be on the user team level containing that location (teams containing multiple locations can have multiple users with the same role if and only if it is a location-level role.
- "Click Create New" and select "Create Location"
- Make sure to complete the required fields and all other relevant information. Here is where you can assign which users have access to the Location as well as any tags.
- Once you've completed the information make sure to "Click Create Location"
How to edit or delete Locations in Hierarchy:
- If you want to edit or delete a location from the Hierarchy go to the location you want to edit and click on the three dots on the right-hand side of the chosen location.
- Edit the field you would like to edit and "Click Save".
If you would like to Delete the Location.
- Confirm that you would like to delete it on the next screen.