The first step you should try when experiencing an alignment problem of any kind is to perform a quick Smart Calibration.
- Make sure the labels are loaded properly and the top cover of the printer is closed.
- Press the POWER button to turn the printer ON
- Once the printer is in the ready state (Status indicator () is solid green), press and hold the PAUSE and CANCEL button for two (2) seconds and release.
- The printer will measure out a few labels and adjust the media sensing levels.
- When the printer stops, the Status indicator () will turn solid green
Here is a link with more information on how to perform a smart calibration.
How to adjust the alignment via Zenput Labels:
If the printing seems misaligned, go the Settings page in the Zenput Labels app. Press on Calibration and follow the on-screen instructions to manually align the printer.
Printer is spitting out multiple blank tickets:
If the printer prints 4-6 labels (or more) at a time and then is off-center check to make sure the printer alignment control is aligned correctly.
It needs to be adjusted like in this photo:
Once adjusted, perform a smart calibration as well as force quit and reopen the Zenput labels app.