Unboxing the printer
- When you open the printer box, you will find a Zebra instruction manual.
- Ignore the websites and directions on the front of the manual.
- Closely follow the step-by-step instructions on the inside of the manual to get your printer set up and calibrated.
Windows Setup Instructions:
Connecting your Windows device to the printer
- Follow the paper instructions on the inside of the box to turn the printer on, correctly insert the label roll, calibrate the printer, and print a test configuration report (ignore the websites on the front side of the instructions).
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open action center, then select Expand. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and select Connect.
- On the bottom side of the printer, locate the Serial Number, which is near the middle of the large Zebra sticker.
- In your Bluetooth settings, you should see the Serial Number. Connect to the printer.
Download the Zenput Labeling App
- Go to the Microsoft Store.
- In the search tab, type in Zenput Labels
- Download the Zenput Labels app.
Connecting the Zenput Labeling App to the printer
- Open the Zenput Labels app and log in with the email and password you usually use to log into Zenput.
- Once logged in, tap on your name on the top right.
- From that settings screen, select the printer that matches your printer’s serial number.
- Your printer is ready!
Testing the printer
- Select one of the ingredients and print out a couple labels.
- Check to make sure that everything is legible and that no words or numbers are cut off.
- If the printing on the label seems misaligned, follow these steps to manually align the labels (read all steps before starting):
- Press the ‘Pause’ button for about three seconds until all the lights flash orange and the left ‘Status’ light stays lit orange.
- Press the middle ‘Feed’ button once.
- Then, press ‘Pause’ again. Labels will start printing one by one with boxes that increase in size with each label and numbers.
- Once the label with 2.05IN and 52MM prints out, immediately press the ‘Feed’ button to stop the printing.
- After this, your printer should be correctly calibrated. Try printing out a couple more labels and see if the alignment is correct.
If you have any trouble connecting your printer to the Zenput Labels app, contact Zenput at email@example.com or (800) 537-0227- Option 1.