*Please note: Internet connection is necessary for the application to communicate with our servers.
Printer shows connected in Zenput Labels app and Bluetooth but not printing
- Force close the ‘Zenput Labels’ app.
- Unpair/forget your printer from your device.
- Turn Bluetooth off and back on again
- If the printer does not appear in the Bluetooth device list:
- Make sure no other devices are connected to the printer.
- Cycle the power on the printer (unplug the printer for 5-10 seconds, then plug back in)
- Press the feed button (middle button) for 10 secs until the data light comes on.
- Then Open the ‘Zenput Labels’ app and go to the settings screen to select the printer.
- If that doesn’t work, delete and reinstall the ‘Zenput Labels’ app (make sure you know the login information for the App/Play store). Log in and try again.
- From Settings press 'Serial printer' or the serial number of the printer that appears on the bottom right-hand side.
- Perform a smart calibration on the printer. Here is a link on how to perform a smart calibration
- Reset the network settings on the printer - https://support.zebra.com/cpws/docs/zd400/zd410D_DefaultSettings.pdf
- Restart the device and/or tablet
- As a last resort, you can also reset the network settings on the tablet you are using
- If none of the above steps seem to help, contact Zebra Customer Support, there may be an issue with the printer https://www.zebra.com/us/en/about-zebra/contact-zebra/contact-tech-support.html .
Is Pause Mode Activated on your printer:
Is the pause button a solid orange or red instead of green? :
Please press the pause button once and try printing again.
Make sure to go back to Zenput Labels settings and check to make sure that you select the printers Serial number under Select Printer: Serial Printer
Zenput labels not staying connected:
1. Uninstall and reinstall the Zenput Labels app to ensure you have the most up to date version.
2. Ensure only one Bluetooth connection is active on the device.
3. Restart device running Zenput labels.
4. From Zenput Labels click on 'Settings' and then on the bottom right-hand side click on 'Serial Printer'.
1. Switch the printer on and off.
2. Reset to Factory defaults: Hold down the single round button on the front panel. The indicator light will start a flash sequence, 1, 1-2, 1-2-3 & so on. When it flashes 4 times, release the button.
3. Label width calibration: Hold down the button single round button until the light flashes 5 times, then release it. This will make the printer enter label width calibration. It will print a series of widths, getting wider each time, on a label. When the printed width matches the label width (or your preferred setting), hit the button once to lock it in.
4. All other calibrations: Hold down the single round button until it flashes twice, then release it. This will run and print an automatic set of calibrations.
Misaligned Printing- My Printer is Printing Blank Labels
If your printer is printing many BLANK labels the yellow plastic alignment head probably needs to be adjusted.
How to adjust the alignment via Zenput Labels:
- If the printing seems misaligned, go the Settings page in the Zenput Labels app. Press on Calibration and follow the on-screen instructions to manually align the printer.
- If the printer prints 4-6 stickers at a time and then is off-center check to make sure the printer alignment control is aligned correctly.
- Once adjusted, perform a smart calibration as well as force quit and reopen the Zenput Labels app.
- Here is a link on how to perform a smart calibration
It needs to be adjusted like in this photo:
On the back of the printer, you'll find a switch (pictured below) that changes the darkness of the printing. The left setting will be the lightest and the right setting will be the darkest. Try moving this switch and check if you get the desired printing darkness. If not, move on to the manual calibration instructions below.
To manually calibrate the darkness, follow these instructions:
- Press and hold the "pause" button until all lights flash yellow, then let go
- The "status" (diamond in a square) light should be yellow
- Press the "feed" (middle) button twice
- The "data" (folder with an arrow) light should be lit (if not, keep pressing "feed" until it is)
- Press "pause"
- The printer will start at the lightest print setting and will start printing labels slowly, one at a time, with increasing darkness
- Once it prints out an acceptable level of dark label (8.0 or 12.0 will probably be good), press the "feed" button again.
Zenput labels are printing out blank
The common fix for this is to ensure that the printer is set up for Direct Thermal .
Also, make sure the correct labels are being used.
Out of labels?
Contact the Zenput administrator at your company to re-order labels or order labels from your app.
FAQ - Ordering labels within the Zenput Label app
Trouble logging in?
If you're having trouble logging into the Zenput Labels app, make sure that you are using the correct login credentials. The login credential for the Zenput Labels app is the same as for the normal Zenput account.
If you still can't log in, contact your company's Zenput administrator to make sure that the feature has been enabled.
Still having issues?
If you’re still having issues with the Zenput Labeling app, please contact Zenput Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 537-0227 (Option 1).
For questions or problems with the Zebra printer, including any hardware issues, choose one of the following options (depending on which service was purchased with the printers - contact your company administrator if you aren't sure):
- Printer with no Zebra service contract or Barcodes True Support:
Contact Zebra Support at (800) 653-5350 for tech support or repairs. If repairs are deemed necessary, contact Barcodes Inc. at 800-351-9962 for discount repair prices.
- Printer with Zebra Service Contract, no Barcodes True Support:
Contact Zebra Support at (800) 653-5350 for tech support or repairs. If repairs are deemed necessary, contact Zebra for free repairs as part of the Service Contract.
- Printer with Zebra Service Contract and Barcodes True support:
Contact Barcodes True Support Line at 855-223-2921 for all tech support or set-up questions, as well as for managing the Zebra Service contract to complete any needed repairs.