How to Build a Form from Scratch
- To begin, navigate to the Forms section of your Zenput account.
- Click "New Form" in the top right corner of your home screen.
- A window will appear asking if you would like to create a new form from scratch, or upload a form to Zenput support to create on your behalf. Select "Blank Form".
- *If you select "Upload Form" you can upload a form for creation on your behalf by Zenput, please keep in mind that this option will take 3-4 business days from the time it is uploaded until it is available in your account.
Form Builder Page
- You will then be taken to the form builder.
- The types of questions available to be added to your form are in the leftmost windowpane.
- The structure of the form you are building is in the center windowpane.
- The question details and options will appear in the rightmost windowpane as you begin to build your form.
- Begin by selecting a form category and give your form a name.
- Once your form has a name and category, begin adding questions from the question fields on the left. You can simply click on the question types to add the field to your form at the bottom, or you can drag and drop a question type if you would like to add the field between questions that are already present in a form.
- When adding questions on the form you have an option to bulk enable/disable toggle of required questions
Option to bulk add/edit for multiple-choice questions in builder
Learn more about question types here.
- To rearrange the order of the question fields that you have already added to your form, simply drag and drop the field to any part of the form
- Once you've added some questions to your form, select the question from the form in the middle and start entering the details of the question you are going to ask. You will need to give the question a label (EX. Does the customer area present a clean and welcoming environment?)
- Optionally, you may add instructions necessary for the person filling out the form to answer the question, as well as attaching a photo or pdf to help the person who will be filling out the form.
- Continue adding questions fields from the left window until your form is completed.
- Once you think you have your form completed, select the 'Preview Form' button in the upper right-hand corner to see what the form will look like to your people in the field using the Zenput mobile app.
To learn about assigning Pass/Fail values to questions click here.
- After previewing the form to ensure that it will meet your requirements, select the 'Next' button in the upper right-hand corner.
- The following screen is where you will create the scoring for any formula fields you have added to your form. *If your form does not have formula fields, simply select the next button to progress to the next step.
- Select the formula you would like to start creating from the list of formulas you have added to the form in the middle.
- Select the type of formula you are going to build (Sum, Subtract, Average, or Percentage).
- You also have the option to allow N/A fields to be scored
- Add questions from the left to your formula. You can simply click on the questions to add them, drag them from the left into your formula, or select multiple questions at once by clicking in the boxes next to the question name and dragging to the formula builder.
- Once you have all the questions added to your formula, assign each question its value in the formula.
- After you've completed creating your formulas, select 'Next' in the upper right-hand corner to progress to the next step.
- The triggers page is where you will set up where a form is sent once it is submitted as well as any triggers (Follow-up tasks or Alerts when a specific criteria is met (Ex. When a question is marked no, generate an automatic follow-up task to the location manager to address the issue)). More information on setting up triggers can be found at: Triggers: How do I set automated follow-up tasks and alerts?.
- Automatic routing options include:
- Send copy to form submitter
- Send copy to location email address
- Send copy to dropbox (if dropbox is enabled in account)
- Additionally, you may also send a copy of the submission to:
- A role in your hierarchy (Ex. Every time a store manager submits this form I would like the area manager responsible for this store to receive a copy)
- A user in your account
- An email address (helpful for when the submission needs to go to a person that does not exist in your Zenput account)
- Hit the 'Next' button in the upper right-hand corner to be directed to the form configuration options.
Form Configuration Page
- Here you will select if your form is a 'Private Form' (more details about private forms can be found at Private Forms - How to use them.
- Allowing administrators in your account to edit the form.
- Hide unanswered questions in the submission copy that is emailed once a form is submitted.
- Allowing users to select from the entire list of locations in the Zenput account (not just restricted to the stores in their own hierarchy).
- Allowing users to prefill the form from the data that they last submitted at the same location.
- Restricting users from attaching photos from their devices' photo gallery, forcing them to take a live photo when asked on a form.
- Show previous answers when Yes/No fields are answered “No.”
- Once you are finished selecting configuration options select 'Next' to be taken to the distribution screen.
- From the Distribution screen you can:
- Create a project: More information about project information can be found at the links below.
- Distribute the form to a user, role or team for them to fill out on an ad-hoc (as necessary) basis.
- Finally, select 'Done' in the upper right-hand corner and your form creation is complete