When creating a form, you have the option to remove unanswered or empty fields from the copy of the form submission that is emailed to users when a form is submitted in the field.
This is helpful if you are creating a form where you would like the option to have many fields for answers, but do not necessarily want the reports to reflect all the fields in the submission that was not applicable for the specific location.
To remove unanswered or empty fields
- From the web-app go to Forms.
- Then on the right-hand side, hover over the form you want to remove the unanswered/empty fields from submissions and click on the pencil icon.
- Click on the 'Configure tab'
- Select 'Hide unanswered questions when exporting individual submissions' as shown in the image below
- Once selected, all submissions of this form will now export to PDF without displaying unanswered questions*.
Please note: This is NOT for the Checkbox field as it recognizes leaving it unchecked as an answer, and therefore it will show up on submission emails.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.