In Zenput, Projects are the most efficient way to keep track of progress for a group of tasks that must take place across many employees and/or locations.
Please note you cannot start a recurring project on the same day.
To create a project:
- Navigate to 'Projects' in the Zenput menu.
- Select "Create Project " in the top right corner.
- Pick the type of task you would like your selected users to perform as part of the project and fill it out accordingly. (By default, the name of the form will automatically be filled in under the name of the project. You can edit that to whatever you would like.)
- Then continue to select which Team if not all teams, which Role should be assigned these project tasks, and which specific locations if not all in that team. (In the specific example below: The project is being assigned to the Region 1- Sally team, to the District Managers of all locations.)
Tags can also be used to assign to even more specific locations or to a role at that location. (In the example below it's been drilled down to only locations with the '24 Hours' tags.)
(The option to "Allow users to complete tasks for others" is only available to users with the same role- Please see How to: Allow users to complete tasks for others? (Admin) for more information)
- Next is choosing the frequency of a project, when it should start, and when it should be due.
Here are some videos showing how to set up all the different occurrences:
- Once you've entered all the project details click 'Save'.
- Once it's all set up you can also add additional recipients for reports on this project.
(Please note all projects are set to automatically Auto-Archive, you can disable this by unselecting the Auto-Archive box)
- Once the project is created, you will see it in the list of projects that are currently open in your company or team.
- Now that the project has been created, you can track the progress of the project by clicking on the 'Done' or 'to go' buttons under the 'Progress' section of the Projects page.
- Clicking on the "17 to go" link takes you to a task report page showing all users and locations where this task has yet to be completed. This is useful for identifying users who may need some help to complete tasks in the time period allotted.
Clicking on the "2 done" link takes you to a task report page showing all users and locations where this task has been completed.
That's all there is to it. We hope you enjoy using projects and find them helpful in simplifying your processes.
If you have any questions or need help creating a project for your company, please email Support@zenput.com .