One of the most powerful Zenput features is the ability to create a trigger that automates follow-up tasks or alerts for specific users/roles when a form submission meets a specific set up criteria. These triggers or alerts can be used to make sure that problems that are being called out in form submissions are being fixed in a timely manner and/or that the correct people are being made aware of issues that may be present.
When making any edits to roles, users, or forms, any triggers previously set up will have to be updated as well.
When follow-up tasks or alerts are associated with reports, they are called "Triggers" in Zenput.
Here's how you set an alert:
- On the web app, navigate to the report's tab and click the blue 'Create Report' button on the top right.
- Select the form that contains the field that you want an alert created on.
- Set the criteria for which you want to set alerts.
For example: you may want to notify a store's Mid Level Manager if the score of one of his/her stores ratings is less than or equal to 7; or you may want to automatically assign a task for the person in charge of maintenance if a question titled "Are any appliances in the store broken?" is answered "Yes".
When you set these filters, the existing data in the list view will filter by the parameters.
4. Then, on the top right, click the blue 'Save' button.
5. That will take you to the 'Save Report' page, where you can set alerts to be automatically sent when a submission matches your desired criteria, create automated follow-up tasks, and schedule recurring email reports on these parameters (i.e how many times this month did a store score below 50?).
Press 'Done' and your report is saved!
Here's a sample report. When a submission matching the criteria is submitted, a basic follow up task to be completed in 3 days will be created and assigned to the Mid Level Manager. An alert will also be sent to the store's District Manager notifying them of the issue.
How to edit existing alerts:
- From the web-app navigate to 'Forms' and select edit on the form you would like to edit the trigger on.
- From the Triggers page, scroll to the trigger you want to edit, and click on the pencil.
- After clicking on the pencil to edit the trigger, make the desired change.
(In the example below we added a user and user via role of Location Manager to receive the alert as well)
Remember to click 'Publish' before leaving the page to save your updates.
Then click 'Done' to be taken back to the triggers page to continue editing.
If you have questions about this process or need help setting up automated alerts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org